Friday, April 20, 2007

Top 10's

I have decided that my Fridays will be my day for random rants and raves. That being said every Friday I will have my top 10.

Today's will be Top 10 movies (in no particular order)
  1. Goodfellas-Better than Godfather. First movie I saw over and over again. I have always been drawn to the mob and this movie allowed my first sneak the making of a mobster. "Ever since I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster."
  2. Castaway-Love it. It always makes me wonder if i could do it...I mean 4 1/2 years on an island. I would love the weight loss, but I think I would use the coconuts to fulfill other urges."I'm sorry Wilson....I'm sorry."
  3. Princess Bride-Funny movie with so many great Quotes. When flipping through the channels I always stay and linger no matter what part of the movie it is in. "Inconceivable. I do not that means what you think it means."
  4. Swingers-My first insight in to single life. Also brilliant quotes that every single guy can be able to relate to. I must however say that there is one scene that I always have to fast forward through. When he returns back to his apt and calls the girl he just over and over and over again. Its too painful to watch. "You're so money you don't even know it."
  5. Some Kind of Wonderful-Let me just say that John Hughes rocks!!! All his 80's movies are brilliant but this one showed that the nerd can win too. Something I can understand and appreciate. Also one of the first soundtracks I feel in love with. "Round and round she goes. Little Miss. Amanda Jones." "You can't just a book by its cover. But, you can tell how much it's gonna cost you."
  6. When Harry Met Sally-My first favorite movie. I like comedians and the fact that a funny guy gets the girl was a big plus in my book. Meg Ryan was also my first crush. "Waiter, there is too much pepper in my poppy cosh. But, I would be proud to partake in your Pecan pie."
  7. Nueve Reynas- Great Argentine Movie. Amazing plot twist. "Que, pensas que soy rata?
  8. Rudy-Still can't watch it without crying. Probably my favorite sports movie. "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!"
  9. Office Space-I always liked it. But, due to recent events. I can appreciate it so much more. "I believe you have my stapler."
  10. Ferris Buellers Day Off-Just all around good movie. Made us all want to be like Ferris. Especially when he looks in to the camera and talks to the audience. Plus, he made synthesizers cool by making sounds like he was sick. "When Cameron was in Egypt's land.......LET MY CAMERON GO."

I love movies. Thank goodness for Netflix.

3 comments:

Esmerelda said...

What?? No old school tribute? Stripes, Caddy Shack? Frankly I'm surprised.

X said...

Two words: Blockbuster online! I know what you mean! BTW, congrats on the new blog. It's definitely a place to vent if nothing else. Keep 'em coming;)

TxGambit said...

Love your list but gotta echo Es.... What about Old School, Caddy Shack? Love those two.