Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dead Ends

In movies its easy to tell when the character has reached the dead end. Often times after driving around aimlessly the character makes one more turn and the cars headlights fall upon a deer standing right in front of the car staring back at them with a wooded backdrop. Its obvious...they can't go any further, it's a dead end.
In real life there is nothing so obvious. I swear that if I was a movie character (named Buck Nekkid) I by know would of seen plenty of deers in plenty of roads.

There's the job-One that was very fulfilling but that has been "eliminated". It allowed my travel, be held accountable for good and bad, manage a venture all on my own and Independence. It has been replaced by....well I wouldn't know. I have spent the last 3 days professionally surfing the Internet. My new would be Manager has failed to contact me. Dead End.

Job Search-Seeing as how the above will probably not be a job fit for me (whatever it is they want me to do.) I have been gone searching for alternate careers. Its funny, you read these postings and you think "I'm perfect for that" and apply. And then....nothing. No email, no call, no "we went another direction". Just air...another dead end. Is it me. I swear I shower daily, can cut my hair if needed (I donate it for Locks of Love), and am a good employee. Just meet me and person and you'll see. Dead End

There's the sex-Once a form of aiding in my sleep and allowing for intimacy between Pittsburghbeauty and I. Has now turned into Ovulation tests, Chlomid, Fertility tests, and releasing my boys into a plastic cup to check for motility. Its been a year now of these joyous interactions. The miscarriage was a nice "Hey here you go....Just kidding" Dead End

Coaching-I am a soccer coach for 14 year old boys. Often times this is my outlet and it allows my opportunity to interact with them, feel young, and reminisce of that days that were my youth. However, the club has contracted a trainer that runs the practice and does so sans any of my assistance. I left yesterday after and 1:15 after realizing that I was doing nothing but getting cold. Dead End

My dog-Literally reached the Dead end. Still think of him.

Pittsburghbeauty-I love her. I often try to put on the facade that nothing affects me and that I can deal with anything. She has stated that if I can't be myself around her then who can I with. After being "myself" and being zoned out thinking of the above mentioned Dead ends, she wants to "talk" about it. Not gonna happen. So now she thinks that I am mad at her and she is depressed. Dead end

I mean seriously can a man catch a break. Don't get me started on taxes.

THE (DEAD) END

1 comment:

Esmerelda said...

...but kickball....not a dead end, right? Sure, we lost, but drinkin' after...not a dead end.