Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Coping

Well this just sucks. It's been 3 days since my dog passed and I still feel like someone is pressing down on my shoulders as I walk. Gone is that glide in my stride and glint in my eye. Which brings up my next blog. If I am taking the loss of my dog this badly, how is it that people who lose children, siblings, parents or spouses move on?
I have been blessed that in my life I have not dealt with Death. Sure I lost all four of my grandparents but they were still in Argentina and I was in Virginia. I cried some, mostly because it hurt me to see my parents like that. But, I moved on.
My lovely wife (Pittsburghbeauty) lost her mother to cancer about a year before we met. I can't imagine. She talks about how wonderful she was and the traits that made her special and she does so with dry eyes. Just the action of getting ice from the fridge brings a tear to my eye (you see ice was one of my dogs favorite treats and in hearing the sound of ice shuffling he would come running from wherever he was.)
I still try to put on a happy face and act as if the loss of my first dog hasn't impacted me... but it has.
I'm angry and lost and I want to blame someone....the question is who?
When will this go away?

1 comment:

Esmerelda said...

eventually it is replaced a bit but it never goes away....sorry...that is one of the most beautiful parts of being human.